We’ve all heard the expression, “winter workouts make summer bodies, ” and Miami is home to the “summer body.” The weather is perfect year-round, so there’s no excuse not to work out! But if you’re located in an area where winter is not so workout-friendly, here are our 10 tips to staying fit year-round.
- Try a class-Not a gym person? Take a class. It’s a great place to socialize, make friends, and get in shape.
- Find a gym partner-Nothing keeps you more accountable than when your friend is calling you at 6 am waiting for you at the gym. Make sure your gym partner is committed.
- Get a mat-When you don’t feel like heading out to the gym, bring the workout home with a mat and use your body weight for strength training.
- Ride a bike-Plenty of people hate running so try riding a bike. You won’t even notice how winded you are because you’ll be having so much fun!
- Don’t stress the number on the scale-Let me tell you that I completely understand how unmotivating it is to workout and not see the number go down. Remember that when you first start an exercise routine, your number could go up because you’re gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat.
- Set a goal and work towards it-A little bit of structure never hurt anyone and if you set a goal, you’re more likely to work towards it. It’s just part of human nature.
- Eat frequently and eat small-The more often you eat, the more your metabolism works to convert that food into energy since it knows you will be fueling it again in a couple of hours. When you starve your body, your body retains all the food to put in it as fat.
- Sleep 7-8 hours every night-Not only do you feel more focused and refreshed if you sleep the recommended amount of hours, but it prevents overeating because you’re sleeping, not up roaming around and snacking.
- Drink plenty of water-Water is everything. It flushes out your body of toxins and keeps your body functioning correctly.
- Keep your heart rate elevated for at least 30 minutes each day-30 minutes is the recommended amount of time for your body to start burning fat. If you didn’t know, now you know.
Your TouchDolls Team